Wednesday 5 June 2013

Why WWE Fans should Believe in The Shield

Sunday May 19th saw another step towards domination for The Shield with Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns becoming Tag Team champions and Dean Ambrose becoming the United States Champion at Extreme Rules

From WWE's Instagram

Personally I was absolutely ecstatic that the trio picked up gold. Since they first appeared on our screens at Survivor Series the trio has been part of some of the better match ups on pay per view and Raw or Smackdown. I was lucky enough to see them at Raw live from London in April, and the place went mad for them.

I should point out here that I have never followed the American Independent Wrestling Scene, it is rarely shown here in the UK so I was unaware of the three before they attacked Ryback. In the weeks that followed in each man, but especially Ambrose, I saw that 'something'; that one little spark that makes your eyes widen and hang on every word that tumbles from the mouth and when the show is over you can't wait to see what they'll do next week.

And I wasn't wrong. Thankfully I'm not the only one who has seen it with the company clearly backing Ambrose Rollins and Reigns. Their interactions with Team Hell No make compulsive viewing. For the fans this can only mean good things. WWE seems to be building and investing in the Superstars of the future. NXT is full of flourishing stars who are, like Bray Wyatt, getting ready to make that step up to the main roster; while it's always enjoyable to have Triple H and Brock Lesnar around it is refreshing to see new faces getting their time in the spotlight.

The presence of the Shield means more than just three new talents; it means a fresh and exciting future that I for one am excited to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment