Sunday 16 June 2013

Payback Predictions

Welcome everybody to my Payback predictions post! 
This is a new PPV this year and replaces No Way Out
There are 8 matches for us to think about and you can find out what I think after the jump

Copyright WWE



 Payback starts over on YouTube at 12:30pm (GMT) with Damien Sandow and Sheamus

Copyright WWE

Over the past few weeks Sandow has been getting the upper hand over Sheamus with 'intellectual' challenges. However I don't think the self branded intellectual Savoir of the Masses can get one over the Brogue Kick. 
Sheamus to win by Pinfall



Copyright WWE
The Intercontinental title is on the line at a PPV for the first time this year (it was on the Wrestlemania preshow). A sad state of affairs you'll agree.

Originally Fandango was meant to be a part of this match but he is out with concussion so Curtis Axel steps up to take his place. My initial feeling would have been Fandango to win, and I certainly see a title change here with Axel being given his big break, 23 years (and 2 months) after his dad, Mr Perfect gained his first Intercontinental title. What a way to celebrate Father's Day.
Curtis Axel wins by pinfall


Copyright WWE
The Shield defend their tag titles against the team of Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton. This match was made by Vickie Guerrero on Raw this week after the discord between the two over the last few weeks. The natural chemistry between the teams this will be another good outing, with added friction between Orton and Bryan it has a new element. I expect to see Bryan 'clean house' and possibly be on the end of an RKO.
The Shield retain by pinfall.



Copyright WWE

Dean Ambrose and Kane go one on one for the United States Title. Another match up from Guerrero. I want this match to be the one everyone talks about tomorrow. 
Ambrose to retain by pinfall.



Copyright WWE

I have an article (which should go up today to!) about the Divas. 
I have been desperately waiting for this match. THIS could be the rebirth of a division that really needs a fresh start. I just hope that the match gets given a decent length of time and goes into a further feud.
AJ Lee is your new Divas champion.


Remember the World Heavyweight Champion? Yes Dolph Ziggler has been out of action for a short period of time due to a concussion. It's meant that the champion has been off telly and has yet to really have a test for his championship. Sadly I don't think this match will show off the best of Ziggy. Anyone who has read my previous posts will know I'm not the biggest fan of Del Rio, I have enjoyed some of his work in the later part of last year but I'm finding him going back toward the staleness of his original run.
Hopefully this is the end of Del Rio's interaction with Ziggler.
Ziggler to retain by pinfall.

Copyright WWE

John Cena takes on Ryback in a Three Stages of Hell match for the WWE Championship. 
Stage 1 - Lumberjack match Stage 2 - Tables match Stage 3 (if necessary) -Ambulance match
Cena....I love him I really do but this I have very little interest in because Ryback just hasn't really done ANYTHING for me since turning on Cena. 
A man that size should not be a bitchy whiny heel.
I think Cena takes the first fall, with Ryback securing the table match and Cena becoming overall winner by taking the Ambulance match.
I would love to see Ryback step up and become the terrifying monster that he was set out to be.
Cena wins overall.


Copyright WWE
I have purposely left this match until last. 
For me there is only one way that is going down, and that is there is no match. I don't think Punk will show up because that opens doors to a new summer of Punk where he leaves Heyman. 
I think we'll see Brock vs Punk at Summerslam.
Even if Punk does show I think Jericho will win.
Lots of people have said that it'll be 'unfair' to have him no show and that fans will be 'pissed off', of course they will be but I really can't see what happens if Punk comes back and wins. I can't see a way to work with it.

So there are my predictions, I'd love to hear with you think. Enjoy the show!
 











1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete